Topics & Discussions:
- Definition of Business Writing
- Pros and Cons of Electronic vs Written Communications (The Elephant in the room)
- Different Types of Business Communications (How/When to Choose)
- Elements to Consider Before writing a Business Document (audience, intended
message, and outcomes)
- Overview of Fundamentals of Business Writing (the 10 Cs)
- Proof-reading and Editing tips (punctuation, capitalization, and abbreviations)
- Fun Writing Exercises (practice, practice, practice)
Communication is the SOUL of any business. It serves as the means for sharing one’s decisions, ideas, tasks, solutions, and plans.
Companies that communicate with courage, innovation, and discipline are more effective at engaging employees and producing ideal business outcomes.
One type of communication that is used every day in the private/public/Not-for-Profit sectors is business writing: from e-mails, to memos, new policies, and instructions, to huge client presentations, research and development, and marketing campaigns.
In Business Writing Tips & Techniques, we explore topics through a series of fun, interactive, team and individual exercises, we reinforce our understanding of the components of successful business writing, and in the process, cultivate more effective habits that enhance our communication skills and abilities.