When you hire the right people to work for you and put them in the right jobs, you are more likely to see:
- Increased productivity
- Higher revenues
- Better competitive advantage
Keeping your best quality employees means you must:
- Constantly find new ways to motivate them
- Make it easier for them to do their jobs
- Inspire them to do their best every day
Selecting the right people and keeping them engaged leads to higher employee engagement and retention rates, offering you:
- Higher revenues and lower costs per hire/employee
- Positive impact on your key business metrics
Select the right
people for your team
As a small business owner you can't go it alone
You need a team
You need talent
You need people
So how can your small business compete in the workforce for the best people?
Recruiting & Interviewing
- Writing effective job postings – is your job posting inviting? Interesting?
- Creating job descriptions – does the job description describe the actual job?
- Develop interview guides – Are you asking the right questions during the interview?
- Employment Contracts – Do employees know the terms of their employment?
Onboarding and Orientation
- Onboarding checklists
- Orientation to the company
- Employee welcome
- Company mission, vision, values, unspoken rules etc
- Policies and procedures
- Compliance requirements
- Setting goals and expectations
- Annual performance reviews
- Quarterly/Monthly status meetings