You are just the person we are looking for! Are you an energetic individual who knows how to inspire others? Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge with others? Do you work well in a dynamic environment? Do you have ideas you want to contribute to a growing professional business? Do you enjoy the flexibility of scheduling your own time and projects? If you answered YES, apply for the Contract Training Specialist position TODAY!
Workplace Learning Solutions LLC (WLS) is a nationally recognized, data-driven, and dynamic organization dedicated to providing immediate, effective and comprehensive employment services job seekers including persons with disabilities. WLS is seeking a Vocational Support Employment Specialist – Job Developer (JD) who will assist participants in finding employment with their particular skillsets. The Vocational Support Employment Specialist – Job Developer (JD) will identify/create job opportunities for participants and match qualified participants with these employment opportunities. He/She will be responsible for developing relationships with employers, successfully placing participants into their jobs, and providing going retention services and support to both the employer and the participant.
This position requires someone who can work flexible hours, has experience in workforce development, case management, and sales/marketing. The ideal candidate will not only be able to work with WLS clients, but will also be able to work with prospective employers. The Vocational Support Employment Specialist – Job Developer (JD) position is key to the achievement of WLS’s annual placement outcomes. This role has two overarching responsibilities:
- Establishing new employer relationships and maintaining pre-existing relationships with employers to secure valid and unsubsidized employment opportunities for WLS participants and
- Effectively matching WLS participants with unsubsidized employment.
- Assist WLS clients in finding employment using their particular skillsets.
- Schedule daily prospecting/cold calls and face-to-face meetings with potential employers.
- Establish new employer relationships and maintain pre-existing relationships with employers to secure valid/unsubsidized employment opportunities.
- Develop specific job opportunities that match the client’s skills, work experience, related training, and interests.
- Effectively match clients with employment opportunities.
- Provide on-going retention services and support to both the employer and the client.
- Monitor (and report on) client progress, and identify achievements that validate client independence and job success.
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual placement goals as prescribed and in accordance with WLS contractual obligations.
- Document, consistently and accurately, in real time, all relevant client activities and outcomes.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively network with others and influence them to hire clients with disabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in the principles and processes of Sales and Customer Service
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to address them
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Ability to listen actively and ask the appropriate questions, to gain a complete understanding of the issues
- Ability to empathize with clients and employers, to understand others reactions and perspectives
- Effectively monitor and assess client performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- Ability to manage time and resources, effectively
- Ability to review and use labor market research, to analyze data, and prioritize and organize information in a useful way
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Education and Work Experience:
Minimum Associates Degree/Some College required
Experience working with persons with disabilities required
Higher education courses in a counseling-related field or (1) year experience as a Job Developer preferred
Type: Full Time/ Part Time
Salary: $15 hourly
Education: Associates Degree/Some College Higher Education courses in counseling-related field
Prior Experience: 1 Year Experience