You are just the person we are looking for! Are you an energetic individual who knows how to inspire others? Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge with others? Do you work well in a dynamic environment? Do you have ideas you want to contribute to a growing professional business? Do you enjoy the flexibility of scheduling your own time and projects? If you answered YES, apply for the Contract Training Specialist position TODAY!
Workplace Learning Solutions LLC (WLS) is a nationally recognized, data-driven, and dynamic organization, dedicated to providing immediate, effective and comprehensive employment services to job seekers including persons with disabilities. WLS is seeking a Vocational Support Employment Specialist – Job Coach who will provide comprehensive job-related services to clients to help them in retaining gainful employment. Intensive one-on-one services are delivered in a competitive environment and include job task analysis, job training, and job behavior management, to name a few. The Job Coach will prepare clients for work experiences by providing on-site support and teaching appropriate work behaviors, job tasks, interpersonal skills, and effective communication. This position requires someone with at least a high school diploma or GED, who can work flexible hours, as needed, and has at least 12 months of experience as a Job Coach or similar educational responsibilities. The Job Coach position is key to the achievement of WLS’s annual placement outcomes. The Job Coach has two overarching responsibilities:
- Acclimate clients to their new job and work environment through intensive (personalized) one-on-one support and training, and
- Effectively monitor (and report on) client progress, and identify achievements that validate client independence and job success.
- Provide comprehensive job-related services to assist Workplace Learning Solutions (WLS) clients in retaining gainful employment.
- Engage with the employer to learn the specific job tasks which the client needs to learn.
- Deliver intensive one-on-one services to include job task analysis, job training, and job behavior management.
- Provide on-site support including training on the proper use of mass transit, appropriate work behaviors, effective interpersonal skills, job-related tasks, and effective communication.
- Monitor (and report on) client progress, and identify achievements that validate client independence and job success.
- Provide coaching for improvement, as needed.
- Ensure the tools and resources necessary to perform the job are readily available to the client.
- Document, consistently and accurately, in real time, all client activities and outcomes.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively work with clients and motivate/influence them to achieve desired results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in the principles and processes of customer service
- Ability to effectively transfer information and knowledge that assists clients in the performance of their duties
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop alternative courses of action
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Ability to listen actively and ask the appropriate questions, to gain a complete understanding of the issues
- Ability to empathize with clients and employers, to understand others’ reactions and perspectives
- Effectively monitor and assess client performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- Ability to manage time and resources, effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum education requirement High School Diploma or GED.
- One year working as Job Coach or in an educational setting.
Type: Full Time/ Part Time/
Salary: $10.50 hourly
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Prior Experience: 1 Year