You are just the person we are looking for! Are you an energetic individual who knows how to inspire others? Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge with others? Do you work well in a dynamic environment? Do you have ideas you want to contribute to a growing professional business? Do you enjoy the flexibility of scheduling your own time and projects? If you answered YES, apply for the Contract Training Specialist position TODAY!
Workplace Learning Solutions LLC (WLS) is a nationally recognized, data-driven, and dynamic organization, dedicated to providing immediate, effective and comprehensive employment services to job seekers including persons with disabilities. WLS is seeking a Vocational Support Employment Specialist – Case Manager (CM) who will plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of a job readiness/supported employment program. The Vocational Support Employment Specialist – Case Manager will prepare and maintain records and case files, as well as counsel individuals to maximize the independence and employability of persons coping with personal, social, and vocational difficulties resulting from disabilities.
This position reports to the President/CEO. This position also requires someone with a Bachelor’s Degree, that can work flexible hours, as needed, and has at least 12 months of experience in a vocational support role. The Vocational Support Employment Specialist – Case Manager position is key to the achievement of WLS’s annual placement outcomes. This role has two overarching responsibilities:
- Coordinate and direct job readiness activities for core services and supported employment clients.
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive records and case files, including all supporting documentation as required.
- Prepare and maintain records and case files, including documentation such as WLS clients’ personal and eligibility information, services provided, and relevant correspondence.
- Develop vocational rehabilitation plans that fit WLS clients’ aptitudes, education levels, physical abilities, and career goals.
- Monitor and record progress to ensure objectives are met.
- Counsel, or aid family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or supporting the client.
- Confer with clients to discuss their options and goals so that appropriate rehabilitation programs can be developed.
- Evaluate the work of the Job Developer and the Job Coach to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Counsel clients individually or in group sessions, to assist in adjusting to any challenges associated with gaining employment.
- Conduct reviews of existing WLS client accounts on a regular basis to evaluate employer demand and usage of WLS services and determine how best to improve and/or leverage relationship to meet placement objectives.
- Establish and maintain business relationships in the community to cultivate effective, sustainable partnerships.
- Schedules daily prospecting/cold calls and face-to-face meetings with employers.
- Achieves weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual placement goals as prescribed and in accordance with WLS contractual obligations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to convey information effectively, teach others, and listen actively so as to understand the needs and concerns of the audience.
- Must be able to identify the educational needs of others, and select appropriate teaching/training programs or classes for teaching and instructing others.
- Must be able to understand, evaluate and explain information and ideas presented orally and in writing.
- Must be socially perceptive so as to discern the reactions of learners in the classroom, understand body language and other non-verbal communication and be able to react appropriately, making adjustments to style, methodology, and delivery to accommodate the needs of the learners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and the Internet
- Must be adept at establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships that are constructive and cooperative as it relates to working with others in an advisory/consulting environment.
- Must be able to provide coaching and developmental mentoring to help trainees improve their knowledge or skills.
Competencies and Work Styles:
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening – Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking appropriate questions, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management – Ability to effectively manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and effective evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Analytical Thinking – Ability to anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them as well as evaluate and implement alternative courses of action.
- Persistence – Ability to continue a course of action in the face of adversity.
- Energetic – Ability to bring and sustain considerable stamina and vigor to all aspects of the work.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum education requirement of Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Proven track record with a minimum of two years’ experience working as a soft-skills trainer or professional development trainer.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
Type: Full Time/ Part Time/ Contract
Salary: $25 hourly
Benefits Eligibility: Eligible
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
Prior Experience: 2 Years