(This is an internship. Applicants must currently be enrolled in college. New opportunities available soon!)
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone to solicit sales for products and services, and service demonstrations offered by WLS.
- Qualify leads using provided qualifying checklists
- Use provided scripts to describe the products and services provided by WLS.
- Persuade leads to purchase products or services, or schedule appointments for demonstrations and/or consultation visits.
- Explain the products and services that WLS provides and answer general questions from customers.
- Obtain and record key contact’s information including name, address, telephone number, email address, and customer comments to be recorded in the WLS database.
- Follow up with prospects and leads after initial contact by sending follow-up emails, mailing out brochures, responding to telephone calls, and other similar activity to maintain customer engagement.
- Adjust sales scripts as needed to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
- Compile lists of leads from a variety of sources such as telephone directories, online databases, purchased lists and general research.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of methods for showing, explaining, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Must have expert knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Must have personal knowledge of the principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes actively looking for ways to help others; customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must be friendly and approachable with a can-do attitude and have the ability to speak clearly to convey information effectively, and give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must have the ability to read and understand information.
- Must have proven record of persuasion abilities which they have used previously to influence the behaviors and or perception of others
- Must be socially perceptive so they remain aware of customers’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Competencies and Work Styles:
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Education and Work Experience:
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- 1-year general work experience required.
- Prior experience in office setting preferred.
Benefits Eligibility: Not Eligible
Education: Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
Prior Experience: 1 Year