(This is an Independent Contractor Position – Now Considering New Applicants for MS. Office, Quickbooks, A+)
We need someone like you on our team! We at Workplace Learning Solutions LLC try to keep up with the changing technology trends. We pride ourselves in staying in the know with upgrades in technology and align with vendors who provide best-in-class material that we then offer to our clients. This means we need the best trained and qualified professionals to help us deliver a world-class experience. Are you that professional? Do you love teaching the latest software and productivity tricks to your learners? Are you an energetic individual who knows how to inspire others? Are you passionate and confident about your knowledge of technology and want to help others achieve the same? Do you work well within a dynamic environment? Do you have ideas you would like to contribute to a growing professional business? If you answered YES, we’d love to hear from you! Apply TODAY for a position with us as a Technology Instructor! WLS needs people like you who know their stuff, know how to get things done, and who are willing to grow with us!
As a Contract Technology Instructor at Workplace Learning Solutions, you will deliver end-user training on specified productivity software programs. You will sometimes work in a traditional classroom environment, sometimes at our clients’ business locations, and other times you will deliver training in the WLS Virtual Classroom. Typical end-users include small business clients, government agencies, non-profit organizations and individuals seeking professional development. You will provide technical and operational support during the design, development, evaluation, and promotion of training. We are looking for individuals with expertise in a variety of platforms and applications. Your specific skill set will help determine the value you bring to the company.
- You will conduct on-going sessions of training classes for various clients on various programs in traditional classroom setting and also in the WLS Virtual Classroom
- You must maintain personal knowledge of current trends in training, technology, and applications and make recommendations for enhancements to our programs as appropriate.
- You will collaborate with others including training manager and other trainers to develop technology curriculum, design courses and create materials to develop and implement learning solutions that will improve business performance.
- You will develop and maintain supplemental material such as quick reference guides, cheat sheets etc… to improve learner retention of technical concepts
- You will maintain training rooms, class rosters, instructor outlines, training documentation, statistics
Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), progress in the certification process, computer related degree, or equivalent experience required.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications 2003-2013, specifically MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint. Complete understanding of MS Office 2007 and 2010, and Windows XP, VISTA, Win7 and Win8.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience training in group settings, training end-users on technology products, or any combination of training, education, and experience which provides knowledge, abilities, and skills to succeed in this role.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Keen interest and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and Strong client service orientation.
Competencies and Work Style:
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
Education and Work Experience:
3 years Microsoft Certified Professional status is preferred with 4 years experience as a technology instructor or similar role. (Work experience must be continuous and in the most recent 4 year period) Or any combination of work experience and certification below:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field + minimum 4 recent years experience as technology instructor
- 6 recent and continuous years’ experience in an organization or enterprise environment, training groups of end-users on technology products
- Any combination of training, education, and experience which provides knowledge, abilities, and skills to succeed in this role
Employment Type: Contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits Eligibility: Not Eligible
Education: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Experience: Minimum of 4 years