National Cloud Technologists Association (NCTA) Cloud Operations, 5 Weeks (Asynchronous)
Who should attend: System administrators or cloud technologists
Duration: 5 Week Course with Five Group Discussions
Location: Online – Virtual Classroom
This course is for system administrators or cloud technologists who want to further develop their skills for evaluating, deploying, and administering cloud services. This includes evaluating and selecting Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions and deploying applications to the cloud, as well as maintaining, securing, and optimizing cloud solutions to achieve the best Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment (ROI).
This course is designed for you as a non-technical end-user of computers, mobile devices, networks, and the Internet, to enable you to use technology more securely to minimize digital risks. This course is also designed for you to prepare for the Certified CyberSAFE credential. You can obtain your Certified CyberSAFE certificate by completing the Certified CyberSAFE credential process on the CyberSafeCert.com platform following the course presentation.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic network and server administration, as well as a strong understanding of cloud technologies.
In this course, you will deploy, configure, and administer Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions as needed to function as a Certified Cloud Master. You will:
- Describe cloud operations
- Plan cloud services Implementation
- Deploy a cloud application with Digital Ocean
- Deploy a cloud application with Heroku
- Deploy websites with Microsoft Azure
- Implement Azure Cloud Services and virtual machines
- Manage Azure applications with Visual Studio
- Deploy applications to Opscode Chef
- Manage server state with Puppet
- Implement Rackspace Cloud Servers
- Import and export data from cloud services
- Manage security and compliance in cloud solutions
- Plan and execute a phased cloud migration