Introduction to Personal Computers Using Windows® 8.1
An introductory course for learners who are new to computing and the Windows environment. This class will help you become more comfortable using a personal computer (PC) and, more specifically, the Windows 8.1 interface. In this course, you will explore your PC and learn how to create documents, send email, browse the Internet, and share information between applications and with other users.
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning about and using the features and functionality of the Windows 8.1 operating system for personal and/or professional use.
No particular prerequisite skills are required, but any previous exposure to personal computers and the Internet is helpful.
This course will help you be able to perform basic work-related tasks using a computer that is running the Windows 8.1 operating system.
- Lesson 1: Getting to Know PCs and the Windows 8 User Interface
- Lesson 2: Using Modern Apps and Navigation Features
- Lesson 3: Working with Desktop Applications
- Lesson 4: Using the Internet
- Lesson 5: Customizing the Windows 8 Environment
- Lesson 6: Using Windows 8 Security Features